Participate, Learn and Continuate
Date: 5-7 November 2014
Time: 8 am to 5 pm
Venue: Institute of Agriculture and Animal Science, Paklihawa Campus, Nepal
Information and Communications Technologies (ICTs) have become a crucial need at the present time in each and every sector including agriculture where its usefulness is immense. ICT can empower learners, promote change and foster the development of skills. It is a messenger in learning approaches and in access to information.
The use of ICTs changes conventional ways of learning and enabling rapid access to ideas and experiences from a wide range of people, communities and cultures, and allows collaborating and exchanging information on a wide scale. That’s why it enables active learning through all senses.
The situation at agricultural university level students in Nepal reveals that the majority of the students are unaware about the use of advance searching techniques and about the databases relevant to their subject matters, use of electronic books and e-journals browsing.
To fill the gap regarding the situation where we are now and what should be the situation, YPARD Nepal team would like to organize a training entitled, "Use of ICTs to Uplift Agriculture Graduates Skills" to enhance the online and offline learning capabilities of the undergraduate students.
The training would have the technical support of AgriYouthNepal, Sustainable Nepal, a resource person from Softwarica college and the Nepal Tunza Youth Environment Network (NTYEN) with the funding support from the South Asia Youth Environment Network (SAYEN).
Participants will continue the learning through the Handprint blogging challenge after the best five bloggers will be awarded.
- Introduction to the participatory World Wide Web (Web 2.0) and to social media;
- Search Magic: How to conduct advanced multilingual online searches.
- Search Engine Optimization
- Remote collaboration: How to develop content remotely using wikis and Google Docs.
- Online mapping: How to locate your organization and your projects on an online map
- Online publishing (micro-blogging and blogging).
- Professional / corporate social networking (LinkedIn and Facebook)
- RSS feeds
- Email Management
- Adobe Connect and Online learning
- Should have a Wi-Fi enabled laptop
- Should have an active social media user profile including email
- Involved in Agriculture, Veterinary, Forestry and Rural development
Participants will be responsible for the cost of travel and accommodation.
Refreshments will be provided. Internet will be provided.
How to Apply?
If you are interested please click here to apply before 2 November 2014.Or call +977-9849129261, +977-9846222326 for details.
Picture credit: Stock ilustration: WaWaWa, by Banjo Ari.