YPARD Nepal is a branch of YPARD which is supported by YPARD Asia and Pacific Coordination Unit & YPARD Global Coordination Unit. Since 2012, it has been working on youth, agriculture and environment issues in Nepal. YPARD Nepal Family Farming Photo Contest and National Youth Forum on Agro-based Entrepreneurship Development were our greatest achievements in recent year.
The YPARD Nepal working team include young professions from agricultural universities, research institutions, development sectors and farming communities. We follow YPARD’s objectives,
- Facilitate exchange of information and knowledge among young professionals across disciplines, professions, and age;
- Broaden opportunities for young professionals to contribute to strategic agricultural research for development policy debates;
- Promote agriculture among young people;
- Facilitate access to resources and capacity building opportunities.
Currently, YPARD Nepal is planning to expand its working team at regional levels, and to support its national level activities for upcoming years. YPARD Nepal opens membership for 30 young professionals from agricultural development sector. Application criteria,
- Nepalese citizen, less than 39 year old;
- Registered on YPARD website, if not http://www.ypard.net/user/register;
- Active in the agricultural development sector (as a student or young professional, as a farmer, as a practitioner, in policy, research in crops, forests, food tech, natural resource management, livestock, etc.);
- Having a strong flair to work in team.
Application form can be download here. The deadline for submission of membership form is 30 November 2015. Please submit your application by email to email@example.com with file name “LastName_FirstName_YPARD_Nepal.”
All applicants will receive notification of submission, and selected applications will receive email on 9 December 2015. The selected 30 participants will be mentored using online web platform, http://edumala.com/ where we will discuss about YPARD objectives and working strategies, blog post writing, social event management, proposal writing, report writing, etc. Later on, the participants will be upgraded in YPARD Nepal working team as local representatives and regional coordinators.