A two-day conference, with no PPT and no videos. Just debate.
This two-day forum is designed to provide leading discussion and debate on how business can most efficiently improve sustainable agriculture production, raise yields and deliver against company objectives.
We will cover important questions around sustainability and agriculture, taking a practical look at the big issues, from emissions to water, and will go on to look into the potential solutions that companies can explore to sustainably improve efficiencies.
We will discuss key topics including:
- Industrialization: we need to double food production to meet global demand, but can this be done sustainably?
- Sourcing: ask why company commitments around agricultural commodities are ahead of others, and learn what tech can help you catch up
- Emissions: agriculture has a huge role to play in reducing global GHG emissions, discover which brands are leading the way and what lessons you can learn
- Water: learn what technologies are improving efficiencies in water use across the agriculture industry
- Waste and regeneration: how is waste being dealt with at farm-level and throughout supply chains, and what innovate and regenerative solutions are companies coming up with to improve management?
- Climate smart agriculture: how can you better engage farmers and develop long-term partnerships to achieve real impact at scale?
- Technologies: what current and emerging technologies are better engaging producers and providing scalable solutions
- GM: understand how you can apply the increasingly prevalent science to production, improving yields and resilience
- Gene editing: what can the latest cutting edge science do for your business?
What’s different about this forum?
- Engaging, interactive sessions – with a blanket ban on PowerPoint! One-on-one case studies, panel debates, interactive roundtables and workshops. The conference provides a range of formats, with an emphasis on audience interaction.
- Held under the Chatham House rule – this event is not intended as a PR platform, we hold the event under a covenant of confidentiality to promote open, honest exchange.
- Content is designed for action and practice – the agenda and event structure is designed to provide actionable tools and practical insights that can be applied. We will also be sharing post event notes from all sessions to all participants.
Who will be there?
Joining you and your colleagues will be other senior professionals from across the agriculture industry, including:
- Producers, retailers and consumer goods companies
- Civil society organizations, certifiers and non-profits
- Government and policy makers
- Investors and financial service providers
The forum will be taking place at the Pew Conference Center in Washington DC. The venue address is: 901 E Street NW, Washington, DC, 20004-2008. You can find a guide on hotels close to the venue here.
Registration is now open. You can register here.
If you would like to discuss being involved as a speaker, sponsor, media partner or delegate, please drop an email to:
Eilidh Morrison | Project Director
Direct: +44 (0) 203 780 7437
Picture credit: Farming first