The GFRAS-YPARD joint secretariat is seeking a proactive, flexible, independent and innovative director to lead the youth network. The mission of Young Professionals for Agricultural Development (YPARD) is to serve as a global platform through which young professionals can express their ideas and realize their full potential towards sustainable food systems.
Strategic development and operations:
- Provide strategic direction to further development and orientation of the YPARD network and the development of a GFRAS youth portfolio
- Coordinate at the operational level implementation of the youth agenda of the Operational Plan 2021-2025
- Engage in strategic networking with leading agencies or institutions in the food systems and rural development sectors
- Represent YPARD and GFRAS youth at international processes
- Coordinate YPARD’s global engagement in collaborative initiatives and platforms
- Coordinate on recruitment and annual program budget breakdown
- Develop a process for performance appraisal across YPARD operational levels in conjunction with the SC and conduct performance appraisal of the YPARD team
- Oversee the conduct of the members’ annual survey and feedback loop
Program and fundraising:
- Develop a global fundraising and sustainability strategy
- Develop and implement new global programs and support the continuation of ongoing programs such as the mentoring program
- Identify new potential donors and partners, and lead the development and submission of fundraising proposals.
- Guide the development of regional program planning and activities, implementation and reporting, ensuring milestones and deadlines are met
- Connect YPARD operational levels to relevant global/partner programs
Network Hosting Arrangements:
- Oversee YPARD’s regional coordination units, which incorporate the activities of over 80 volunteer national representatives.
- Maintain and develop existing regional hosting contracts and relationships with host institutions
- Maintain and develop synergy at the GFRAS-YPARD secretariat and liaise with its constituents for joint activities
- Advanced university degree in agriculture, rural development, international development or related field;
- Minimum 4 years of experience in leading and managing youth networks, multi-stakeholder relations and youth engagement;
- Demonstrated technical understanding of and practical experiences in the intersections of agricultural development and or sustainable food systems and youth engagement;
- Demonstrated motivation and passion for the youth agenda;
- Experience in partnership development and financial resource mobilization;
- Experience with developing models and innovative ways for youth engagement including mobilizing volunteers;
- Ability to advocate, inspire, and convince other people;
- Excellent written and oral communication in English. Knowledge of other languages such as French and/or Spanish would be an advantage;
- Previous experience working with international development programs and work experience in more than one region of the world would be an advantage;
- Flexibility and capacity to travel worldwide (up to 30% of working time);
Terms and conditions:
- In accordance with the YPARD charter, applicants must be under 40 years of age. Applicants below 37 are preferred to secure continuity. Applicants are kindly requested to indicate their age in their application;
- The duty station is in Prague and candidates must be willing to move to the Czech Republic for the duration of their employment;
- The successful candidate will be expected to have or obtain a Schengen visa and work permit in the Czech Republic. Application is open to all eligible candidates regardless of background or nationality. Under-represented groups including young women are particularly encouraged to apply.
- The expected starting date is March 1st, 2021, or the soonest thereafter.
Applicants should send an up-to-date CV and a one-page letter of motivation, in a single .pdf file by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (put in copy: email@example.com) please indicate in the subject of the email the title “Application for the post of YPARD Director”.
Deadline: February 27th, 2021, at midnight CET.
All applications will be acknowledged but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.