What is ICYA?
International conference for youth in agriculture (ICYA) is a 4-day International Conference that combines Soft Skill Trainings, Lectures and Debates. It aims to bringing 100 young, bright minded and internationally active students together, give them the opportunity to interact, learn from each other, engage and create new projects/movements/ideas in order to solve major social problems through their agricultural expertise and passion.
Why to participate?
We are positive that through ICYA we can make the voice of Youth in the field of Agriculture to be heard outside of the boarders of countries. We invest in the motivation of passionate young activists and innovators and want to present the picture of the Future as young leaders dream of it.
When you bring together bright people from different countries, with different mind-sets, mentalities and temperaments, put them in the same room and encourage them to work on the same problem… Amazing things happen!!
Which are the topics?
- Refugee Crisis – How can the field of agriculture help with the integration of refugees?
- Women in Agriculture – Gender Equality, is agriculture still a “grey zone”?
- Food Waste – “From overconsumption to hunger” what is the role of young generation?
- VillageConceptProject – How can students help small local communities to improve their infastructure?
- Urban Farming – Urban agriculture, a way to build more peaceful societies.
- New Agri–Generation – Raising awareness about food production between small children
What do we want to achieve?
After the end of ICYA we want to collect all the ideas that came up during the Conference. Two different goals will be achieved:
- A sum-up, signed by all the delegates, of all the new projects, ideas and plans, will be structured and presented to major public bodies and global organizations. We want to present the voice and thoughts of the future leaders in order to bring the change.
- Those pilot projects/movements/ideas will be guided and helped to be practically achieved with the help of our Global Community during the next phase of the follow-up activities of the Conference.
Participation fee: 150 Eur
What is included:
- Conference bag with T-shirt, nametag and gifts
- Accommodation for 3 nights
- Certification of attendance
- Breakfast, lunch
- Job fair
Date and Venue
Venue: KU Leuven, Leuven city, Belgium
Date: 27-30 April, 2017
Contact of organizer
The International Association of Students in Agricultural and Related Sciences (IAAS) brings together students around the world who share similar dreams and ideals in agricultural and related sciences. With committees in 50 countries and more than 10.000 members, IAAS is the largest international student association in its field.
Its activities give students the opportunity to learn and experience agriculture on an international level. IAAS also offers students a platform for exchange of experiences, knowledge and ideas among each other. IAAS is a place where students can meet their future colleagues and prepare to become the agricultural leaders of 2050.
Tel: +306 989 229 019
Picture credit: The International Association of Students in Agricultural and Related Sciences