*UPDATE: Application deadline extended to 25 August!*
Want to do Work That Matters?
Want to do Work That Matters?
YPARD is the largest and most diverse network of young people in agricultural sectors.
From farmers to scientists to entrepreneurs, our members connect across disciplines, countries and regions. These youth are the future of agriculture.
Our mission is to serve as a global collective platform through which young professionals can realise their full potential and contribute proactively towards innovative agricultural development.
YPARD is seeking a caring, flexible, independent and innovative mentoring coordinator to design and implement a face to face mentoring program in the Philippines taking place from December 2017 - December 2018.
- Utilise your passion for helping young people
- Work from home
- Volunteer role (generous monthly stipend provided to cover out of pocket expenses)
About YPARD mentoring
We unlock the potential of budding young agriculturalists by connecting them to mentors from business, research, extension services and ICT.
Our mentoring program has transformed 100 lives and trained 2,000 members virtually.
Oh … and we don’t have an office.
Yes, you read that right. We are a remote team located in Europe, Asia, Africa and Latin America.
To some people that sounds a little strange. However we’ve been doing it successfully for the past 6 years.
And, experience has taught us that this doesn’t work for everyone: we don’t do office politics (there’s no office!), we don’t sit around in meetings all day pretending to work, and we don’t micromanage.
We recruit people who enjoy being busy, take pride in doing a good job, and who appreciate being treated like an adult.
Most of all we have built an exceptional culture … we believe in what we’re doing.
- You have to really enjoy helping people...it’s a character trait, right?
- You have to believe in YPARD's vision and mission … so please get familiar with our website (www.ypard.net/mentoring) before you apply.
- You need to live in Manila or Region 4A (CALABARZON)
- You need to be fluent in English (and if you can read/write/speak Tagalog, that is an advantage!)
- You need to be tech-savvy … we’re a remote digital team!
- You need to be good at your own time management and prioritisation.
- You need to be comfortable working from home or a cafe
- You need to be good at taking detailed notes
- You need to enjoy reflecting regularly
You will be expected to:
- Lead the mentee and mentor selection and matching process (August - October 2017)
- Design the mentoring orientation workshop agenda
- Help mentees and mentors establish a functional working relationship after the mentoring orientation workshop (you will be their main contact person during the 12 month mentoring program)
- Help mentees and mentors tell their transformative stories
- Assist the YPARD Philippines national coordinator with funding and partnerships for future mentoring programs
- Reflect regularly on your learnings in order to inform YPARD's mentoring toolkit
Ready to apply? Great, click here: https://goo.gl/forms/kfoKCc01RsxTSZ5J3