Provide assistance in the daytoday management of Afghanfunded projects managed by International Programs in Agriculture (IPIA). Provide logistics support for oncampus and in country’s various activities. Serve as liaison and first point of contact between Purdue University, in country staff, and other partner institutions both in the U.S. and in Afghanistan. Responsible for overall oversight for U.S., Afghanistan, and India trainings. Responsible for visitors' travel to the U.S. Provide program assistance to those involved in the various programs funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and State Department.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two years of project management experience.
- Willing and able to travel to Afghanistan at least once a year. Ability to successfully manage budgets.
- Cultural awareness.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and build working relationships among a diverse workforce at all levels.
- Ability to competently use Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook (Electronic email/Calendaring).
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Knowledge of Purdue rules and policies.
- Experience with policy and procedural issues between Purdue and other partner countries.
- Demonstrated knowledge of University procedures related to sponsored programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable law, rules and regulations of sponsors.
- Purdue will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position. A background check will be required for employment.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
If you have trouble accessing this page because of a disability, please contact Purdue's Taleo Help at email@example.com