By Isaac Chanda Chieftainess Malembeka enrols for ICT Chieftainess Malembeka of the Lamba speaking people in Mpongwe District, one of the rural districts on the Copperbelt Province, officially enrolled in the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Class together with the other twenty five (25) students at Kwilimuna Youth Resource Centre a government owned institution located in Mpongwe District. Kwilimuna Youth Resource Centre, one of the Youth Resource Centres currently supported under the Connect for Change Consortium, a project locally implemented by Ndola Youth Resource Centre has received support in the establishment of an internet enabled Information Desk to serve the following purposes;
- Strengthen the oversight role of the Provincial Youth Office on the Youth Resource Centre through an online network establish within Youth Resource Centre Information Desks
- Meet youth training and information needs by packaging and disseminating information in the form that is widely accessed.
- Raise awareness on the programs conducted at the Youth Resource Centre
- To help her pursue further education and broaden her understand of various educational literature materials
- To link up with the external world and also effectively market activities conducted in her chiefdom to increase investor presence
- To be a role model that will influence local communities to acquire ICT skills and use them for their positive development