The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), in collaboration with the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock (MAL) with support from the European Union, has provided a competitive grant to the Department of Agricultural Economics and Extension at the University of Zambia. The grant will be used to support the research of 4 (four) students in a Master’s degree program in Agricultural Economics tenable at the University of Zambia or any reputable university including those outside Zambia for the 2013/2014 academic year. Scholarship support is also available for 1 (one) PhD student at University of Zambia or any reputable university including those outside Zambia. The grant will support student research in areas relating to Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) such as the socio-economic analysis of trade-offs and synergies between food security, adaptation to climate change, and mitigation of Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions. Applications by continuing Masters and PhD students are now invited for scholarship support.EligibilityFAO Website
- The applicants for the scholarship awards is limited to Zambian Nationals enrolled in a MSc or PhD program in a reputable university.
- Potential candidates that satisfy the above criteria working with National Agriculture Research Institutions, Universities, Ministry of Agriculture and other related ministries and institutions are encouraged to apply.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply and will be given priority for scholarship awards as long as they meet other academic criteria.
- Candidates must be enrolled in an Agricultural Economics or Agricultural Sciences (with specialization on Agricultural Economics) MS program at the University of Zambia or any reputable university including those outside Zambia
- Candidates must have completed their first year of studies (i.e. course work) in their MS Program in these disciplines;
- Candidates with qualifications in related disciplines such as Economics or Environmental/Natural Resource Economics or Management also qualify and are encouraged to apply