NEPCon (Nature, Economy and People Connected) is a non-profit organization that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 200+ staff around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation.
We are currently looking for a passionate colleague with an agriculture background to be trained in our internal training programme, with the aim of becoming a great Auditor in various international sustainability standards.
In the role of Agriculture Auditor, your main tasks will be to schedule and carry out agriculture audits in multiple countries in Southeast Europe and to support market development for NEPCon certification services in the region.
The position is varied and multi-faceted, and includes the following work areas and responsibilities:
- Auditing: Performing various types of audits in relation to agriculture farm certification services.
- Client communication: Initiating, maintaining and continually improving communication with clients. Taking initiative to arrange client seminars and information meetings if they are deemed necessary to inform clients or for marketing purposes.
- Market development: Maintaining very good communication with the NEPCon Market Development Department and with national stakeholders, in order to develop national and regional markets for different crops and industries authorized by the agriculture schemes.
- New services: Collaborating on the analysis and decision process regarding new certification schemes.
- Representation: Representing NEPCon in conferences, meetings, on trips and audits, and on visits to clients, potential clients or any other stakeholders. Collaborating with environmental/sustainability NGOs and other key stakeholders.
- Stakeholders network: Developing, communicating and maintaining a local, national and regional Stakeholders network.
- Training: Potentially provide training in farm auditing to future colleagues in NEPCon.
- Agriculture updates: Staying updated on topics relevant to the position.
We imagine that you have a university-level education as Agronomic Engineer, Agronomic or Agriculture Technician, Biologist or a degree in Agribusiness. On top of that, you have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a field related to this position, ideally from the field of agriculture and interaction with both smallholders and agriculture companies.
In addition to this,
- You have very good verbal and written communication skills in English (our organizational language). Spanish language skills are considered an advantage.
- You are a proficient user of the MS Office package (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- You have a good general understanding of administrative IT systems, and the ability to learn to work with new programmes fast.
- Previous experience with auditing and international experience is an advantage, but not a requirement.
- Personal qualities
- You are willing and able to travel internationally as part of your job role.
- You have the ability to have open and high-level communication with farmers, clients, potential clients, and stakeholders.
- You possess a high level of self-discipline, an ability to organize and manage yourself and your time, as well as making independent decisions, as the nature of the job requires you to work independently (often remotely from your colleagues) and meet deadlines.
- You have an analytical approach, so you are able to identify non-conformity with certification standards.
- You are an open and friendly person, who likes - and is good at - communicating with people on all levels.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organization.
- You are comfortable with your line manager being located in a different country, and you are comfortable communicating frequently with colleagues around the world via email, Skype and webinars.
- You believe in NEPCon’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: standard weekly work time for the country of employment
- The position refers to the Deputy Director of the Land Use Department (Europe), based in Spain
- Working location: Ideally either NEPCon’s office in Bulgaria, or working from home in Albania, Greece or Turkey. Other locations in Southeast Europe can be considered for exceptional candidates.
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 18 November 2018 here.
Find original job post on NEPCon website