Do you have a passion for Latin America and the Caribbean? Are you looking for challenging work? Do you want to lead innovation in your field? You can make a difference at the Inter-American Development Bank. The Young Professionals Program is designed to be a starting point for careers at the Inter-American Development Bank for exceptionally qualified and motivated Young Professionals.
This highly competitive, 24-month program provides young professionals of different backgrounds with the opportunity to perform roles and take on responsibilities at the IDB. Program participants are assigned mentors and receive a competitive compensations and benefits package, including health insurance, pension plan, paid leave and relocation expenses.
The IDB seeks candidates with experience in areas that will support our institutional priorities: social policy for equity and productivity, infrastructure and institutions for growth, competitiveness and social welfare, competitive regional and global international integration, food security, environment, climate change and renewable energies.
All applicants must:
- be a citizen of one of the Bank’s member countries;
- be 32 years of age or younger as of January 1, 2014;
- be fluent in English and Spanish, with a working knowledge of a third official Bank language (French or Portuguese) is desired;
- have obtained a Master’s, or equivalent degree at the time of application submission;
- have two or more years of relevant professional experience; and be exempt from any military obligation for the duration of the program.
Applicants who wish to identify themselves as African/Afro-descendant or Indigenous can participate in the program should they: be 35 years of age or younger as of January 1, 2014 and be fluent in at least one of the Bank’s official languages.
Deadline for applications: June 15, 2014.
For full job descriptions, responsibilities and requirements to apply, please go to https://iadbcareers.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=1400001939 or to https://iadbcareers.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=1400001936 for the diversity program.