The 3rd Annual Meeting of the Global Forum for Rural Advisory Services (GFRAS) will take place on 26-28 September at The Heritage Hotel, Manila, the Philippines, hosted by the Asia-Pacific Islands Rural Advisory Services (APIRAS) Network. The meeting will contribute to thematic exchange on rural advisory services (RAS) and give participants the opportunity to discuss GFRAS strategic directions and functioning. Exchange and learning will take place in plenary and parallel sessions, group discussions, and a field trip (tentative date: 27 September). Objectives of the meeting The objectives of the 3rd GFRAS Annual Meeting are:
- Understand and agree on the role of RAS in agricultural innovation systems (AIS)
- Strengthen RAS networks for results-oriented activities
- Update participants on progress in GFRAS
- Input to the plenary on experience and lessons learnt on RAS role in AIS
- Contribution to the share fair on new approaches, projects, programmes, institutional and organisational arrangements, and policies in RAS.
- Side events on regional and sub-regional RAS fora, on-going initiatives and other activities related to RAS.
- Participants can register online or by downloading the registration from.
- Registration closes on 10 June for funded participants, 25 July for self-funded participants
- Registration of inputs opens on 18 May and closes on 25 July