The International Labour Organization (ILO) is implementing a project of support for the implementation of the Decent Work Country Programme (DWCP) in Uzbekistan.
The project implemented in 2015-2018 is funded by the United States Department of Labor (USDOL) and is implemented in close collaboration with the Tripartite Constituents of the ILO, the Ministry of Labour, the Federation of Trade Unions and the Chamber of Commerce and Industries, in support of the national DWCP, which was recently extended until 2020.
Under the project a pilot test of measures on Decent Work will be conducted in selected districts to ensure appropriate conditions of recruitment and working and living conditions and the functioning of the labour market
In the pilot, the ILO provides recommendations to the stakeholders on required measures as derived from a desk review on legislation, policies and measures and fact finding in the districts.
The pilot will be conducted from July 2017 to December 2018, with phases requiring the support of international consultants contracted by the ILO as External Collaborators. This call relates to the first phase of activities July-August 2017. However, qualified consultants may also be contacted for expression of interest for subsequent phases.
The perceived decent work measures in temporary seasonal agriculture will pertain to:
- Working conditions,
Consultants are sought to express interest with competencies set below:
- Research on issues related to international labour standards in field conditions
- Labour market economics
- Employment services and labour market information
- Labour in agriculture
- Forced labour (preferably in agriculture)
- International Labour Standards
- Post-graduate university degree in the field of labour law, public administration, social sciences or other relevant fields.
- Research and/or project management related to labour and preferably to agriculture
- Some work experience from post-Soviet states (Central Asia an added advantage)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse groups
- Good writing skills in English
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong presentation skills: ability to communicate clearly to various audiences