The Project “Enhancing Sustainable Income in the Philippines (ESIP)“ is a three-year (January 2017 – December 2019) livelihoods project funded by Swiss Solidarity and implemented by HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation and People In Need (PIN).
The overall objective of the Project is to increase the income and improve the resilience of 12,000 poor and vulnerable women and men farmers from Eastern Samar Province as a result of strengthening and development of their income generating opportunities. The project adopts Market System Development Approach.
ESIP Project invites applications from the potential candidates (Filipino nationals only) for the position of deputy programme manager for the project. The deputy programme manager will be responsible for the overall management of the field implementation of the programme.
S/he will work under the supervision of the Programme Manager and the Chief Technical Advisor of the Project. S/he will work in close coordination with the MRM unit and the Support Service unit. S/he will also closely work the partners/co-facilitators and stakeholders of the Project. Being based at Guiuan, s/he will supervise the Intervention Managers of all three outcomes. S/he will also supervise the activities assigned to and/or implemented by the partners/co-facilitators.
- Overall management of the programme as per the Project’s concepts, approaches, strategies and guidelines;
- Preparation of budget and monitoring the expenditures as per the multiyear budgets and organisation’s financial procedures;
- Establishment of a sound administration as per the organisation’s administrative procedures;
- Establishment of contracts with the partners/co-facilitators and other stakeholders as per the organisation’s procedures;
- Staff management and their capacity building through coaching as per the performance standard and ethical standard of the organisation;
- Establishment and maintenance of partnerships, linkages and networking with co-facilitators, stakeholders and other public, private and civil society organisations;
- Assurance of strong coordination, smooth communication and fair representation of the team members;
- Development of annual work plans, and regular review and monitoring of progresses;
- Writing periodic progress reports and other documents as per the requirement of the Project;
- Master’s degree relevant subject to the position (Management, Agriculture, Economics, Social Studies etc.);
- At least 6 years’ experience in relevant field and in similar position;
- Strong conceptual abilities in livelihoods improvement and agricultural market system development approaches;
- Educational qualification is flexible in case of highly experienced/potential candidates.
- Management and leadership skills;
- Facilitation and negotiation skills;
- Observation and analytical skills;
- Planning and monitoring skills;
- Team player and interpersonal skills;
- Openness, accommodativeness and flexibility;
- Communication and reporting skills;
- Knowledge about the Project’s local area and language is an advantage.
- Contract period: until December 2019;
- Salary/benefits: According to PIN’s salary grid and HR Policy between 60 000 – 70 000 PHP;
- Responsible and independent working position;
- Background of a well-established and respected organization
How to apply:
Candidates fulfilling the above criteria are requested to submit their applications with a curriculum vitae (not exceeding 3 pages) and a cover letter (not exceeding 250 words) describing how s/he would be able to contribute to the projects, relevant reference contacts from three last employments and a day telephone contact.
Please send applications by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Deputy Programme Manager” by latest 22nd September 2017. Please note, that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Find the original job advert on the Devnet jobs website.