Are you an up-and-coming scientist with innovative ideas and a strong focus on sustainable development? Does your research have the potential to change the world? The competition challenges you to convince the high-ranking expert jury and become one of the 25 Green Talents 2017!
The German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) hosts the prestigious ” Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development” to promote the international exchange of innovative green ideas. The award, under the patronage of Minister Professor Johanna Wanka, honours young researchers each year. The winners come from numerous countries and scientific disciplines and are recognised for their outstanding achievements in making our societies more sustainable. Selected by a high-ranking jury of German experts the award-winners are granted unique access to the country’s research elite.
The award is open to all disciplines as long as it is related to sustainable development. In 2017 the award has a focus on “Sustainable Production and Consumption” and this year’s Science Forum, taking place in October, will integrate sustainability hot spots in Germany related to this theme.
- Enrolment in or completion of a master’s degree programme or higher no more than three years ago
- Proven excellent command of English
- Not a German citizen nor a resident of Germany
- Significantly above-average grades
- Strong focus on sustainable development and an interdisciplinary approach
Green talents network: Become part of the unique global Green Talents network of more than 180 outstanding young minds from over 50 different countries worldwide. Its active alumni network covers the full spectrum of sustainability science and will help you to exchange your ideas with peers and find new project partners.
Research stay in 2018: Take your research a step forward when you are invited to return in 2018 for a fully-funded research stay. Spend up to three months at a German facility of your choice. Gain new experiences in an inspiring environment and advance your professional career while establishing long-lasting relationships.
Science forum: The Green Talents will be invited to Germany for a two-week science forum in October 2017. You will visit some of the hot-spots of sustainability science. This offers you the unique opportunity to get exclusive access to the country’s research landscape. Learn about ground-breaking projects on-site and possibilities for cooperation with German experts and facilities.
Individual appointments: You will meet leading German experts of your choice in individual appointments to personally discuss your research and lay the foundations for future collaborations.
- Please use the Online Tool to submit your application;
- You will be asked to upload a current letter of recommendation or expert opinion focusing on your career as a scientist and activities to date (letter must be in English and should not be more than 6 months old);
- You will furthermore be requested to provide your latest academic qualification transcripts as well as proof of your English language skills
Picture credit: Green Talents