Journalists are invited to apply for IFCJ Reporting Contest on Early Childhood Development, a chance to win a prestigious international study tour as part of a contest to recognize the best stories on early childhood development.
International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) will recognize in-depth, investigative or innovative reporting that has helped raise awareness on issues such as early nutrition, early child care, early education and their impact on a child’s future well-being and contributions to society.
- best report
- best visual storytelling
- best data-driven story
- Causes and solutions for malnutrition in children under 5
- The link between under-5 nutrition and learning ability
- Quality of health care and/or child care for young children
- The impact of child poverty and efforts to alleviate it
- Reproductive health and its impact on child development
- Latest neuroscience on early child development
- Power of play and cognitive development
- Importance of investing in the next generation
- The contest is open to journalists from Asia, Africa and Latin America.
- The contest is open to print, broadcast and online journalists employed by a media outlet as well as affiliated freelance journalists. Submitted work must have appeared in a media outlet based in one of the regions.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.