Superior Seeds is specialized in research, development, manufacture and sale of vegetable seeds. Manufactures and distributes seeds 50 different varieties and hybrids of 10 plant species. In the segment of vegetable seeds, Superior Seeds produces 50 % of the total certificated annual production of vegetable seeds in Serbia. Superior was founded in early 1993 by Professor Dr Ivo Djinovic, plant breeder, scientist and geneticist in the region of Southeast Europe.
They are currently loking for an Intern in plant protection, farming, horticulture, seed production, horticulture. Their offer include:
- Planning, organization, management and control of production (nurseries, vegetable production and farming fields)
- Taking care of the quality of all operations (sowing, planting, pruning, weed spraying, spraying orchards, mowing, watering, fertilizing, harvesting)
- Organizing and keeping records of seasonal workers
- Issuing work orders to tractor drivers, mechanics and other staff
- Gaining work experience in different business situations and thereby valuable evaluation or recommendations for future work
- mproving knowledge through practice and application in the field of academic knowledge in real-life circumstances
- Graduate student, graduate agronomist or postgraduate student in the field of plant protection, farming and horticulture
- Advanced agro-technical knowledge
- Communicative and creative person
- Experience in agricultural production provides an additional advantage • Computer skills: MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of English or German language gives an advantage
- Preferably driving license B category
￼The advantage of internships in Superior:
- The biggest advantage of this program is an opportunity to explore the possibilities of developing a career in this field and to gain practical experience.
- Intern will work closely with his mentor in order to conduct proper training, develop practical skills and efficient management tasks within the organization.
- Interns will also develop teamwork, management skills, leadership and the opportunity to applied research in the field.
- Interns will have the opportunity to regularly discuss with their supervisor various issues and offer their contribution
- Successfully conducted internship can bring some of the following benefits: practical training and skills development, practical work experience in a particular area, letters of recommendation, meeting partner organizations, the development of management skills, participation in various events, field visits, etc.
- Time period: summer 2015 or 2016 Duration: 3 to 6 months
- Number of hours per week: 30 Place: Velika Plana
- Compensation: Provided food and accommodation
If you are interested to do internship at Superior, please send an e- mail to their office to submit your resume with picture and cover letter with the subject "internship" and the name of the field of study. Visit their Web site for more information about the company: www.superior-seeds.com or our fan page on Facebook: https://business.facebook.com/pages/Superior-Seeds/.
Contact e - mail to send your CV: email@example.com