To guide the operationalization of the Resilience Livelihoods Framework in the lab countries, and ensure that VSO is learning from its own work and good practice in the sector.
The technical guidance is carried out through participatory research and desk reviews, and as suggested by the Country Directors of the lab countries in order to ensure evidence-based piloting outcome represents the voice of the primary actors. The Regional Adviser will work closely with the Lead Adviser Secure Livelihoods to oversee the implementation of the recommendations from a recent external review of VSO's livelihoods work.
- You have experience of direct work in livelihoods, with particular experience of supporting research, planning and implementation of programmes at all levels.
- You have experience of implementing an assets and capabilities approach to livelihoods development
- Have an understanding of current issues and trends in livelihoods and development, demonstrates skills and knowledge at an equivalent level to a post-graduate qualification.
- Master's degree in Sociology, Economics, MBA with 6 years working experience in agriculture/youth/markets, value chain/livelihoods projects
- Demonstrated ability to design research projects, including livelihoods/ HEA/ Socio-Economic baselines studies under challenging conditions.
- Strong communications skills
- Demonstrated capacity in technical support and coordination
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills in English
Find the original job advert on the Devnet jobs website.