Land O’Lakes International Development is a 501c3 nonprofit organization whose vision is to be a global leader in transforming lives by engaging in agriculture and enterprise partnerships that replace poverty with prosperity, and dependency with self-reliance. The organization has a history of 34 years of engaging in international agriculture and economic development programs, implementing more than 280 programs in 80 countries since 1981.
Land O’Lakes International Development seeks an experienced Technical Advisor for the livestock value chain to provide technical leadership on livestock activities for the anticipated USAID-funded livestock production for improved nutrition program in Rwanda. The Technical Advisor will be responsible for activities related to livestock practices and technology—from improving livestock productivity to strengthening the livestock value chain through public and private partnerships and working with producer groups and service providers on inputs, technical advisory and financial services.
Reporting & supervision:
The livestock technical advisor will report to the Chief of Party or his/her designee.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Master’s degree in animal sciences or a related field, or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in managing and implementing livestock management activities with demonstrated strong management and coordinating skills;
- Record of achieving project objectives in a context of similar depth and breadth of scope;
- Supervisory experience with teams and professional groups in a cross-cultural environment; and
- Fluency in local language and English.
- Private sector experience in livestock value chain is a plus.
More information at Land O’Lakes International Development- Livestock Technical Advisor