BackgroundThe Africa Rice Center (AfricaRice) is seeking a highly qualified Research Assistant specialised in Agronomy to join its Sustainable Productivity Enhancement Program at AfricaRice, Cotonou. AfricaRice is one of the 15 international agricultural research Centers that are members of the CGIAR Consortium. It is also an autonomous intergovernmental association of African member countries.ResponsibilitiesThe Research Assistant will work under the direct supervision of the researcher in charge of research in intensification and diversification of rice‐vegetable cropping systems in the RAP project. S/he will:AfricaRice Website
- Implement, manage and conduct analyzes of experimental data and surveys on ricebased systems in lowland inland valley;
- Support the management and supervision of Agronomy trials that are conducted onfield and on‐station;
- Assist in preparing presentation and publication of research results;
- Supervise MSc & Engineer students in farming and cropping system research;
- Assist in developing training materials;
- Undertake any other duties as requested by his direct supervisor and the Management.
- This is a regionally recruited position.
- AfricaRice provides an attractive salary and benefits package and a collegial and gender‐sensitive working environment.
- The initial appointment is for two years with the possibility for renewal.