The International Cocoa Organization (ICCO) is seeking highly qualified and dynamic individuals to work at its new headquarters in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire (West Africa).
The ICCO recruits its staff on fixed-term contracts (evolving into permanent contracts, based on satisfactory performance) or temporary contracts. Staff members are grouped in two main streams: Professional (P) or General Service staff (GS). Directors (D) are part of the Management category. ICCO also employs consultants, interns and volunteers to assist with special projects and short-term recruitment needs.
Successful applicants will receive attractive remuneration packages with generous benefits as applicable to their status. This includes tax-free expatriate contracts where relevant or local contracts, pension scheme, paid sick leave, paid maternity/paternity leave, life, accident and health insurance, paid holidays, education grant for children of international recruits, etc. ) based on the United Nations (UN) salary scale.
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR THE POST OF SENIOR PROJECT OFFICER
(P2/P3 in the United Nations salary scale)
The successful candidate will be required:
- To assist in the preparation and evaluation of project proposals for submission to the Council and subsidiary bodies, as well as in the monitoring and supervision of approved projects.
- To assist in the organization of technical meetings, seminars and workshops on the implementation of projects, the evaluation of performance and the dissemination of results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To participate in working with experts from institutions in producing and consuming Member countries on the formulation of project proposals; searching for appropriate project executing agencies; and finding resources for the financing of projects, in cooperation with relevant partners.
- To assist in the preparation of documents for the meetings of the Council and subsidiary bodies, to enable them to optimally review project proposals at their different stages.
- To initiate proposals for projects to contribute to the achievement of a sustainable world cocoa economy.
- To participate in the supervision of ICCO-sponsored projects, including performance appraisal in the field, mid-term evaluation of performance and final evaluation of project results.
- To participate, as required, in workshops on project implementation, evaluation and dissemination of results.
- To assist in the drafting of documents, papers, leaflets etc. to summarize project results, with a view of disseminating these results.
- To maintain contacts with research organizations and academic and other institutions engaged in cocoa research.
- To assist in organizing any meetings related to research and development projects, including preparation of budgets, agendas and topics, selection of speakers, liaison with the host country, and servicing of meetings.
- To assist in servicing the meetings of the Council and its subsidiary bodies.
- To participate in servicing meetings of ad hoc Working Groups established for the guidance of certain project activities.
- To perform any other duties assigned by the Executive Director or Director of Division.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hold a Masters degree in agronomy with at least seven (7) years of professional experience. A bachelors degree in agronomy, combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Masters degree.
- Ability to multitask, meet strict deadlines and work under pressure;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and/or French with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft software (e.g. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
Applications, quoting the reference “Senior Project Officer” and including a curriculum vitae, three (3) referees, cover letter and salary expectations must be submitted by 25 November 2016 sent to the address below.
The Executive Director
International Cocoa Organization
Westgate House, Westgate Road
Ealing, London W5 1YY
A copy of the application may also be sent by email to email@example.com.
To apply for this position, you must to be a national of one of the ICCO member countries (please see list on www.icco.org). Please note that only short-listed applicants for interview will be contacted.