With the support of ICIMOD, IACS, LTHE, and the University of Grenoble, limited support is available to contribute towards the cost of registration fees, travel, accommodation etc. for the IGS Symposium on Glaciology in High Mountain Asia, which takes place in Kathmandu, Nepal from 1 - 6 March 2015. This funding is available only to students or those recently graduated. Please note that this funding will not cover your full travel, registration, and related costs, but is intended to provide seed funding to attract additional funding towards your attendance at the IGS 2015.
Application deadline: 5 November 2014, 23:59 UTC
Awards announced: 5 December 2014
- Applicants must currently be pursuing a Master’s or PhD degree at an accredited university, or have graduated after 2012.
- Applicants must be the presenting first author on abstracts accepted for the IGS 2015 Symposium in Kathmandu.
Required application information:
Follow the filename convention: “IGS2015_TravelSupport_LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME.pdf”
1. 1 page CV that includes the following information:
a. Full name and full contact details
b. Current academic status (including year of expected completion, if applicable). For those already graduated, please provide your current employment status (including position title) and the year of your graduation.
c. Name and contact (email) details of Faculty Advisor/Work Supervisor.
d. Country of birth and of citizenship, gender, any degrees, publications or awards.
2. 1 page Summary that includes the following information:
a. Abstract number and title of any accepted/submitted for the IGS 2015 Kathmandu Symposium
b. Summary of your motivation to attend this symposium
c. Dates of first and last night of accommodation required in Kathmandu.
d. Quote or honest estimate of travel costs
- Recipients must meet the eligibility criteria.
- Recipients must provide receipts for any expense claimed.
- Recipients must provide the organizers with your banking information before the end of the symposium
- On request, recipients will take on tasks to assist during the IGS 2015 Kathmandu Symposium.
- Successful applicants must notify Dr. Joseph Shea (Joseph.Shea@icimod.org) of their acceptance within 10 days of receiving notification.
- Travel support funds may not be distributed until after the symposium, and the total amount awarded depends on the number of applicants.
Full details are available at the symposium website: www.icimod.org/igs2015/
IACS Student Presentation Awards:
Student Travel Support: