The goal of the WISE program is to help women overcome some of the most difficult challenges for them to become active changemakers. WISE will aim at improving women’s capacity to drive action, mobilize and manage resources and add value for social causes.
The concrete OUTPUT for each participant of WISE will be a personal action plan defining their next steps and what to do to create value in the social topic they are concerned about. This personal action plan might entail the basic description and action plan for a new social venture or not.
This is a pilot edition of the programme funded by the European Commission. The experience of the pilot and feedback from participants, will allow us to do relevant adjustments of the final design and implementation of the programme. The attendance is free of charge.
Concretely, WISE will work on improving participant knowledge, mindset and skills to be able to achieve the following:
- Take initiative and being proactive to solve problems and pursue opportunities
- Clarify their intention,
- Bring in an idea,
- Prototype their idea
- Create structures that can drive action
- Be aware of the nature and main actors present in their entrepreneurship ecosystem to support them
- Attract and manage resources in general
- Communicate effectively in a business environment.
WISE learning environment elements
The programme has been designed following the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) within the Bologna Process. It has a value of 6 ECTS, that is around 150 to 180 hours of learning modules in different phases that contain both online and offline contact hours. This first pilot edition has not a certificate of such 6 ECTS as the programme is not included in the curricula of any University. However, all the participants will receive a Diploma for their participation.
Attendance is free of charge. Participants will only have to cover the travel and accommodation expenses to attend 2-days Face-to-Face workshop in their country.
Face-to-Face workshop for Croatia will be held in Zagreb; for Greece on Crete; for Spain in Barcelona. The rest of the program will be done online.
Draft schedule of the programme
- November 2014: Call opens
- December 2014: Deadline for application
- December 2014 Selection
- January 2015 Kick-off on-line workshop
- January-February 2015: Personal Learning plan, e-module 0
- Early March 2015: Face-to-face Workshop (1 in Barcelona for participants from Spain, 1 in Zagreb for participants from Croatia, 1 in Crete for participants from Greece)
- March 2015: First elective E-module and challenge
- April 2015: Second elective E-module and challenge
- May 2015: Third elective E-module and challenge
- June 2015: Progress Evaluation and closing on-line webinar
- July 2015: Self-driven stage