Find the original job advert on the Devnet jobs website.
ActionAid Zimbabwe (AAZ) seeks a Youth Networking Advisor, who is able to provide efficient capacity development and support to both ActionAid staff, local partner organisations as well as contribute to the wider ActionAid federation. The focus will be on strengthening the ability of AAZ and selected partners to work with youth and women on governance as well as engagement in building partnerships and networks. Suitable candidates are motivated and driven by a strong sense of solidarity and commitment to democracy, poverty reduction, and the participation of women and youth.
Please note that this position is only available for people who are not from or currently residing in Zimbabwe.
- Strengthen partners’ ability to deliver impact through increased public participation.
- Strengthen AAZ’ capacity to strategically operate in and engage with committed citizens and other partners to improve the welfare of the Zimbabwean populace.
- Capacity building of staff and partners to improve ability to form networks and improve impact through partnerships.
- Develop new relationships and strengthen ties between key organisations in the quest to promote justice and equality.
- Engage committed organisations and citizens in the common cause of ending poverty.
- Support partners and others in advocating for public services’ increased awareness on women’s issues.
- Support the development and knowledge around methods for successful citizen’s engagement across the ActionAid federation by engaging in the dialogue and exchange of experiences between different international actors.
- Support international networking
Key result areas
The Advisor’s support will help to ensure that:
- Young people - especially young women - have been empowered to effectively engage with poverty reduction and decision-making spaces.
- Partner organisations are better able to communicate through social media and other digital platforms to increase their impact.
- Partners have improved skills in engaging citizens and other organisations around shared goals.
- AAZ plays a strong role in the ActionAid federation on how to work with citizens and networks across local, national and international levels,
- Best practices, challenges and lessons learnt are documented and shared across the federation.
- Relevant international networks have been established
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Ability to engage people to gain their support on central themes.
- Strong skills in engaging women and youth as key actors.
- Experience engaging in political sensitive environments.
- Deep understanding of social change and ability to translate this into action for improving equality.
- Ability to provide capacity support and participatory trainings of diverse groups.
- 5 years’ experience and proven track record of engaging people, building strong projects and achieving results.
- Experience working with social empowerment of women and youth.
- Ability to connect people across local, national and international level as well as across sectors.
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Strategic thinker and analytically strong in youth work.
- An innovative and creative mind set.
- Good training, facilitation, mentoring and communication skills.
- Diplomacy, patience and maturity.
- A preference for facilitating and supporting the success of others rather than leading and directing.
- Resistance to adversity.
- Willingness to travel alone in remote areas.
Terms and Conditions
This placement is categorized as a level C Advisor according to the Terms and Conditions for People4Change Advisors. The monthly salary is 2,350 € + pension, housing allowance and education allowance for accompanying children.
Application procedure and deadline:
Forward a letter of motivation and an updated CV (totalling no more than 4 pages) in English by email to email@example.com with a subject line “Zimbabwe Advisor”.
Deadline for application submission is: 7th June, 2017
Contract start is subject to approval of work and residence permit, which can be a lengthy process. Therefore, the expected start is around August or September 2017. The assignment is for 24 months, with the possibility for renewal.