YPARD Nepal is a chapter of YPARD which is supported by YPARD Asia and Pacific Coordination Unit and YPARD Global Coordination Unit. Since its establishment in 2012, YPARD Nepal has been continuously striving for youth-led agricultural activities in the country through various programs.
Currently, YPARD Nepal working team consists of a country representative and 13 local representatives- all young professionals are from agricultural universities, research institutes, farming, and development sectors. Storytelling contest for youth agri-entrepreneurship and YPARD student research symposium were our major events in the recent year.
For more about us, please click here
YPARD Nepal is expanding its current national working team and thus we are opening a call for membership from Nepalese young professionals to work for and support in our upcoming activities. We follow YPARD’s objectives which are
- Facilitate exchange of information and knowledge among young professionals across disciplines, professions, and age;
- Broaden opportunities for young professionals to contribute to strategic agricultural research for development policy debates;
- Promote agriculture among young people;
- Facilitate access to resources and capacity building opportunities.
- Must be Nepalese citizen, less than 39 years old;
- Registered on YPARD website, if not click here to join;
- Active in the agricultural development sector (student or young professional, farmer, practitioner, policy maker, researcher, entrepreneur, food technologist, etc.);
- Strong ability to work in team and cooperate with other team members;
- Ability to accomplish given responsibilities for YPARD Nepal activities efficiently with proper time management.
At the same time, we are also opening a call for Digital Media Focal Point in our team. If you have demonstrated interest, knowledge, and experience related to the prevailing Information and Communication Technology (ICT) tools, social media, networking, communication, and graphics design, we are eager to work together with you in our team.
The application form for Membership and Digital Media Focal Point must be submitted online separately. The same person can apply for one or both positions. The deadline for submission of application is midnight of 15th January 2018. The selected applicants will be notified by email on 20th January 2018. The number of members will be identified through the general consent of our regional coordinators based on the number of received applications.
All the selected applicants will be mentored in an orientation program of YPARD Nepal about its objectives and working strategies, along with other technical skills development sessions by team leaders and mentors. The tenure of selected members will be of one year with the possibility of extension for next year.
Note: YPARD is a volunteer’s network and no payment is made to the members for their involvement and contribution in YPARD Nepal.
Application form for Membership is here.
Application form for Digital Media Focal Point is here.