International Horticultural Congress (IHC2018)
IHC2018 will provide an excellent platform for scientists, technicians, students, consultants, engineers, extension agents, growers, industry, trade and consumer organizations, policymakers and other professionals having an interest in horticulture. The motto of IHC2018 is decided as ‘Bridging the World through Horticulture’. It is heavily focused on research and innovation and will have training components related to various fields of Horticulture.
IHC2018 will have a rich scientific program to allow a diffuse interaction among scientists as well as institutions. The symposia will have different formats tailored according to the topic. Now it is the time to announce the Symposia to be held under the IHC2018 which is the backbone of the Congress. Additionally, there will be Colloqia and Workshops, ad hoc training sessions and technical tours. Technical tours will be accompanied by Turkish experts and include historical and cultural components.
Date and venue
International Horticultural Congress (IHC2018) which will be held in Istanbul, Turkey between 12 - 16 August 2018.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- The deadline for abstract submitted is 31 August 2017. Abstracts submitted by this date 17:00 CET will be considered for evaluation. Authors will be notified of provisional acceptance of abstracts by 10 December 2017 and for the form of presentation as oral or poster presentation. Some poster presenters may be invited to present a speed talk of 3 minutes during an oral session.
- To be accepted, abstract authors must be registered and paid to attend the IHC2018, by 1 March 2018.
- All presenters (oral and poster) are expected to submit a manuscript for publication in refereed proceedings, Acta Horticulturae, by 1 April 2018.
- The official language of IHC2018 is English so only abstracts written in English will be accepted for review.
- Abstracts should not exceed 500 words and be based on original work. Should give full information on the objective, materials and methods and major results obtained. And should follow the template provided on this page.
Registrations now open! You can register here.
Early-bird registrations: Register until January 31, 2018 to be eligible for the special registration rates.
Workshops will be organized after the symposia sessions. Workshops are proposed by the conveners with various objectives as:
- establishing an international expert group,
- sharing experiences and skills,
- carrying out in depth discussions on a specific topic,
- extending the network and/or
- seeking cooperation opportunities
The format of each Workshop may be different based upon the initial objective. You can register to any workshop that may be of interest to you. The output of the workshop(s) may be compiled but will not lead to a Congress proceeding, 'Acta Horticulturae'. A workshop, if linked to a specific symposium, will be scheduled to allow participation to both activities. However, a workshop may be completely independent from any IHC2018 symposium.
The general rules for IHC 2018 registration also apply for the workshops.
Picture credit: International Horticultural Congress 2018