The ICT in Agriculture e-Sourcebook has practical examples and case studies from around the world. The aim is to support development practitioners in exploring the use of or designing, implementing, and investing in ICT-enabled agriculture interventions. It provides both technical and policy guidance to development practitioners and decision makers in:
- Understanding current trends in ICTs as they pertain to agriculture as well as the contributions that ICTs can make to enhance agricultural strategies and interventions;
- Designing and implementing appropriate and sustainable ICT components for agriculture projects;
- Building effective partnerships - public and private - to promote ICT access and innovation for agriculture;
- Evaluating the impact of these interventions;
- Including ICT in policy dialogue and planning with country counterparts on agricultural and rural development goals and priorities.