The position is to be filled as soon as possible and is initially limited to a 12-month period. The operational site is Bangui in the Central African Republic. Duty trips are required, bearing in mind the security situation.
Job objectives and tasks
As an Agricultural Expert (m/f), you will support and advise the programme leadership in implementing Welthungerhilfe’s projects in the project region according to the prescribed content, organisational, temporal and financial framework.
Your most important tasks:
- Planning, implementing and monitoring agricultural measures in the scope of Welthungerhilfe’s projects, result and impact control (incl. documentation)
- Consulting and organisation/implementation of training for local staff, partner organisations and authorities
- Consulting and quality control of the procurement of agricultural input
- Support of the planning and drafting of new projects in the fields of agriculture and food security with regard to current ecological/environment-related and security relevant problems
- Development of suggestions for improvement of agricultural production and marketing methods in co-operation with local partners
- Representing Welthungerhilfe in specialist work groups, workshops etc.
As a qualified applicant, you possess:
- a university/university of applied sciences degree in international agricultural sciences, rural development, geography or a comparable specialised qualification suitable to the position
- several years of project experience in planning and steering development-oriented transitional aid measures for international (aid) organisations, preferably in crisis regions
- a high level of communication skills and intercultural dexterity in consulting and training of international and local staff or interest groups
- good mental and physical resilience and willingness for duty trips in areas of volatile local conditions
- co-operation and team skills
- co-ordination and organisation skills even under heavy work pressure
- business fluent in French and very good English language skills (orally and written), good German skills are advantageous
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer.
How to apply
Please send your cover letter and CV by email stating the reference number “CAR 8814” by 9 November 2014 to Carolin Möllenbeck (email@example.com).