Welthungerhilfe is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany.
It carries out projects in thirty nine countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of Expert (m/f) - Sustainable Livelihoods in Dohuk.
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration until June 30, 2019.
The place of work will be Dohuk, Iraq (KRI). Taking the security situation into account, travel for work will be required.
Within the project the Expert Sustainable Livelihoods reports to the Head of Project and is responsible for giving technical input towards the project in the fields of livelihoods, market systems, small business, agri/horticulture and husbandry. The focus of the position is to ensure the increase the income of the beneficiaries in a sustainable way, leading to more resilient communities.
• Support the Head of Project with the implementation of the programme according to the rules and standards of the BMZ and Welthungerhilfe
• Provide technical input related to livelihoods, market systems, small businesses, agri/horticulture and/or husbandry
• Manage the implementation of the activities and the quality in the field by project team, including capacity building with the Iraqi staff
• Together with the Head of Project, modify and continue project planning and give inputs for the project budget
• Ensure field level project documentation related to the project implementation
• With the Head of Project, coordinate with government agencies, local bodies, I/NGOs
• Establish good working relationships with stakeholders in-country and the support units of Welthungerhilfe in Bonn;
• Report to the Head of Project on the progress of the programme/projects and all risks associated with the project work.
• A university or polytechnic degree in a relevant subject (development economics, agriculture, horticulture, etc.)
• Ideally 3-5 years of professional experience in Middle East or other less developed regions; specifically focussing on agricultural/livelihoods projects in a post conflict situation
• Experience with BMZ as a donor is an added value
• Coordination and organisational skills, including ability to work under pressure
• Ability to work in a multinational environment
• Excellent communication skills and intercultural sensibility
• A "can do" mentality and good sense of humor
• A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
• A very good level of written and spoken English, good knowledge of Arabic/Kurdish/German is desirable
Find the original job advert on the Devnet jobs website.