The Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center (SEAFDEC) is an autonomous inter-governmental body, mandated to develop and support the management of fisheries in the Southeast Asian region by rational utilization of the region’s aquatic resources to provide food security to the people through a balanced approach to fisheries and habitat management. The mandate of the organization covers both marine and inland fisheries.
SEAFDEC, with support from the SEAFDEC-Sweden Collaborative Program, is strengthening efforts to address the importance of integrating and coordinating fisheries management and habitat management and to improve management of fishing capacity to reduce over-capacity, destructive and illegal fishing. Priority sub-regions include Gulf of Thailand, Andaman Sea, Mekong River Region and Sulu-Sulawesi Seas and SEAFDEC supports regional cooperation through the implementation of sub-regional (and bilateral) agreements on fisheries and environmental management.
SEAFDEC is seeking for energetic and high caliber candidate to work with us as Information and Communication Officer (ICO), attached to the SEAFDEC Secretariat in Bangkok, Thailand. This will be a fixed-term, full-time one-year contract, with possibility of extension.
Duty and Responsibilities:
- To be responsible for development and implementation of communications strategy in order to raise awareness and profile of the SEAFDEC-Sweden Project;
- To produce information materials (brochures, news, articles, press release, etc.) for publish in SEAFDEC and other publications, development and maintenance of web-based tools including social media, and media engagement, with a view to disseminate results from the SEAFDEC-Sweden Project to target audience and public;
- To contribute to the collection of good practices and success stories, with a view to channel them to appropriate practitioners and media, in coordination with the Project team and partners;
- Assist in the implementation of the project’s seminars, workshops as well as internal meetings and disseminate information on these activities;
- To involve in other activities under the SEAFDEC-Sweden Project, and assist in preparation of project publications and reports.
- Male or female, with university degree or equivalent in information and communication, journalism, or related fields;
- At least 5 year experiences or some background knowledge in the field of fisheries, natural resources management, or related fields;
- Fluent in English, speaking, reading and writing;
- Ability in analyzing and integrating diverse information from varied sources, and present complex information in clear and effective manner;
- Experiences in writing/editing articles in English;
- Skills to use necessary computer programs/tools to generate printed and web-based media.
- Ability to travel outside Bangkok or to other countries, work independently with limited supervision, and accomplish multiple tasks within the deadline.
- A cover letter outlining clearly indicate the position title and how the candidate meets the requirements of that position,
- A hand written application with recent photo, please download application form from the website and
- A detailed CV. Applications are invited to submit all required documents in English to:-
P.O. Box 1046, Kasetsart Post Office,
Ladyao, Chatuchak, Bangkok 10903, Thailand
or submit the application to email@example.com
Find the original job advert on the Devnet jobs website.