- Guide team discussion to arrive at a final list of all national consultants’ activities, and focus sites/areas for the assessment;
- Provide scoping report including questionnaire for case study;
- Facilitate and mentor all meetings during the assessment toensure that all national consultants are aware of the study goals, workplan, and timelines;
- Basin-wide assessment of food availability under future climate projections:
- Baseline assessment of crops (rice and maize), fisheries and livestock productions and import/export food;
- Qualitative or quantitative (depending on data availability) assessment of fisheries and livestock productions under future climate change;
- Import/export food assessment in the future (if possible). If not, assuming to keep current situations;
- Quantitative assessment of crops production under future climate projections;
- Basin-wide assessment of food utilization:
- Basin-wide assessment of food nutrient demand;
- Basin-wide assessment of food nutrient balance under climate change projections;
- Basin-wide identification of vulnerable areas and adaptation review:
- Basin-wide identification of vulnerable areas and communities;
- Based on the results of vulnerability, identifying/proposing adaptation options to the impacts climate change for the whole basin;
- Enhancing knowledge and capacity of stakeholders:
- Draw out and analyse lessons learned and experiences to enhance knowledge, understanding and capacity;
- Attend the workshops and provide specific impact on the assessments, and adjust them as necessary to complete;
- Provide final report, compiling all national consultants’ individual reports;
- Adhere to standard formatting, font, and layout specifications provided incorporate comments.
- Master or PhD degree in agricultural science, climate change, or related fields;
- At least 15 years of experience in agriculture project and research;
- At least 5 years of experience working in Lower Mekong Basin in related field;
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing with a wide range of people and to work in a multicultural environment;
- Demonstrated experience of working as short term consultant with analytical skill;
- Demonstrated sound knowledge of climate change impacts on food security, preferable in the Mekong basin; and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The application should include:
- a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position,
- a detailed CV,
- MRC Personal History Form.
The position title and section/division must be indicated in the cover letter.
The application should be sent to:
Mekong River Commission
Office of the Secretariat in Vientiane (OSV)
P.O. Box 6101, 184 Fa NgoumRoad
Vientiane 01000, Lao PDR