Under the guidance of the FAO Representative (FAOR) in Azerbaijan and the overall supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative in Azerbaijan (AFAOR, Programme), the technical supervision of the Lead Technical Officer of the Project (LTO), and the operational supervision of the Programme or Operations Specialist, the FAPP Team Leader and in close cooperation with the AMAL National Team Leader, as well as, the project counterpart, the International Technical Coordinator will provide relevant support to the below-mentioned tasks:
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Support the coordination of the project activities and the overall project implementation at the national and local level in close coordination with the budget holder, the LTO, the AMAL National Team Leader and the FAPP Team Leader;
- Contribute to the preparation of the Terms of References (ToRs) for the project consultants and support their recruitment (if needed); provide support and coordinate their work;
- Review the progress to date of all project activities in close cooperation with the AMAL Team Leader, the FAPP Team Leader and the Technical Management, and agree on corrective actions, if required;
- Suggest technical improvements to achieve planned outputs;
- Provide relevant examples of good practices and experiences from other country contexts;
- Review and provide suggestions for policy proposals related to rural youth employment creation programmes;
- Support the project team in the organization of i) the International Youth Farmer Conference; ii) a study tour for the enhancement of capacity of government officials, AMAL project staff and AMAL farmers on successful youth employment strategy, policies and models, innovative and environmental friendly knowledge, practices and technologies applied in the agriculture sector, young farmers’ access to inputs and services and etc.;
- Contribute to the establishment of a network of rural youth of the project, as well as, of international organizations including young agricultural producers (e.g. Young Professionals for Agricultural Development (YPARD) and other possible organizations) in order to provide support and guidance and to ensure that young people are able to exchange knowledge;
- Support to the project team in the coordination of the training needs assessment, and based on the results, support the development of a qualitative training program and modules reflecting the needs;
- Support the development of the identified internship and employment schemes and distribution of information;
- Coordinate the review of the national government’s credit and grant schemes for self-employment and public employment of young women and men, as well as development of proposals for their targeted improvement;
- Together with the AMAL National Team Leader, participate in advocacy and policy dialogues with national counterparts and international organizations on issues included in the project document;
- Carry out other activities within his/her technical competence as requested by the LTO;
- Prepare a back to office report after each mission, provide inputs, and support the Project Team to prepare and submit on time the relevant reports.
- University degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Labour Economics, Social Science or Rural Development or related fields;
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in programme management and/or policy assistance in the field of rural development, youth employment and/or poverty reduction with at least some exposure to employment issues, public relations, with ability to demonstrate previously developed materials;
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of Russian.
- Strong coordinator skills;
- Ability to coordinate and act at national and local levels;
- Strong planning, organization and time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks;
- Extent of experience in the planning, management, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of rural employment or rural development or poverty reduction programmes and projects or in the formulation of rural employment policies and strategies for developing countries;
- Experience in working and leading multidisciplinary and multi-cultural teams with demonstrated managerial, leadership, strategic thinking skills;
- Proficiency in preparing and presenting professional reports and analytical papers;
- Level of knowledge of decent rural employment, youth employment in agriculture and migration as well as experience in promoting solutions to challenges that rural populations relying on agriculture typically face;
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills, ability to manage relations with development partners, work under pressure and handle politically- and culturally-sensitive issues.
- Relevant experience in project coordination at international, national and local levels;
- Relevant experience in Azerbaijan or post-soviet countries will be an asset.
To apply, kindly find the original job post on FAO website.