FAO's Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia has an internship opening for 4 months starting from September 2016 onwards.
The intern will be contributing to FAO's work on climate change, disaster risk reduction and climate smart agriculture in the region. The position is based in Budapest, Hungary.The specific job description include the following:
Under the direct supervision of the Climate Change and Energy Coordinator for Europe and Central Asia (REUT) in close collaboration with other officers and consultants, the intern will contribute to FAO’s work on climate change (CC), disaster risk reduction (DRR) and climate smart agriculture (CSA) in the region, specifically:
- Assist in reviewing national legal and institutional frameworks, including relevant DRR and climate change adaptation (CCA) policies, plans, strategies as well as agriculture and food security policies, institutional set up of relevant stakeholders with the aim to improve institutional planning and implementation capacities, inter-institutional coordination, collaboration and communication;
- Assist in desk-based research to identify potential DRR, CCA and CSA measures for crop subsector, livestock, fisheries and forestry, within the context of reducing adverse impacts of e.g. floods, landslides, droughts across landscapes and at various levels;
- Assist in the preparation of presentation/capacity building/knowledge and information materials on CC, DRR, CSA:
- Develop a corporate FAO power point presentation on CC, DRR, CSA, based on the systemization and harmonization of existing presentations and information materials, which can be easily adapted for future use;
- Develop a photo database from the FAO mediabase, which includes photos that are relevant for CC, DRR, CSA and can be used for awareness raising, outreach and dissemination events and for any other future purpose;
- Develop awareness raising training material on CC, DRR, CSA for various target audiences, including e.g. youth, farmers, extension officers;
- Provide support to other related projects and programmes;
- Provide organization support for any relevant workshops, events and training sessions;
- Perform any other related duties and activities as required.
Interest and applications (CV and a cover letter) should be send to Tamara van 't Wout, firstname.lastname@example.org