Are you an experienced multi-stakeholder director looking to initiate, shape, and drive the AMEA standard for professional farmers?
The Agribusiness Market Ecosystem Alliance (AMEA) is an exciting new global initiative aiming to create more business opportunities for smallholder farmers through a standardized approach to professional farming businesses. They believe that only professional farms and farming organizations are key to sustainability. They see an organized market system where professional farmers meet business opportunities. When farming is approached with business professionalism as focus, opportunities to create livelihoods, jobs and attractive investments increase.
AMEA has been initiated by SCOPEinsight and is proudly founded and supported by key agri-market players including IFC, ICCO, ACDI VOCA, NCBA CLUSA, Argidius, VECO, ABN AMRO and IDH. The platform will be the core network organisation through which such a standard can be built and implemented. The platform has specific intentions of ensuring robust branding and marketing in order to secure stable membership accruement and quality participation. The platform is looking for a passionate and independent leader that can manage the AMEA initiative.
The AMEA Platform Director oversees the implementation of the AMEA platform. He/She reports to the AMEA board, coordinating current and new AMEA members and facilitating the growth of key activities. He/She also ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing with all stakeholders. Finally the Director is responsible for a financial plan, aiming to secure grants and donor funds for AMEA where relevant and implementing a viable revenue model in the long term.
- Oversee implementation of the AMEA platform
- Coordination and management for all activities on behalf of the platform - including supervision of support staff (SCOPEinsight)
- Generate supporting documents, communication material and promotion for the platform
- Build membership base of AMEA
- Actively promote the platform and seek out potential members through the network provided by the board, current members and beyond
- Lead membership strategy, taking into account a sustainable membership fee or other innovative revenue models to sustain platform activities and servicing new membership requests
- Grow AMEA network and resources
- Promote and establish close relations with project and financial partners, as well as other complementary projects related to farmer professionalism in the agricultural sector
- MSc in economics, agriculture economics, agribusiness, rural development, sustainable management of natural resources, or related fields is desired, however, all backgrounds will be considered
- Good networker in international and multidisciplinary environments
- Supportive leadership
- Great facilitation skills
- Self-starting and independent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- At least 5 years of relevant and proven professional experience in execution and implementation of projects with multidisciplinary stakeholders
- Expertise in the strategy and design of successful multi stakeholder platforms
- Knowledge and experience working with agribusiness and particularly smallholder farming in
- developing countries
- Experience and proven ability to work with interdisciplinary teams Knowledge of industry
- standards and standardization is valued
- Fluency in English (French or Spanish is a strong plus)
- A salary in line with competitive rates for platforms in a start-up phase, with attractive bonus structure dependant of KPIs
- The opportunity to be part of a dedicated global team in a dynamic work environment alongside an international team at SCOPEinsight as well as NewForesight Consultancy
- A learning experience that fits your career goals with room for personal development
- 3 year contract with option to extend (review at the end of year 1)
- Working on a global scale, with travel opportunities and linking with global partners in agriculture
- Office location in the centre of Utrecht, delivered lunches and team that likes to have fun!
Please send your application, (1-page letter and 2-page CV) by Friday 28 October 2016 to Elsa van Vuuren firstname.lastname@example.org , indicating ‘AMEA Platform Director’ in the subject line.
For any questions please contact SCOPEinsight
3512 NS Utrecht
Phone: +31 30 234 8273 Email: email@example.com