The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflicts and disasters and people affected by social or health related crises.
The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Movement: Humanity,Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation and capacity building projects internationally on appeals of their sister organisations within the Movement. GRC is supporting the Pakistan Red Crescent (PRC) in the implementation of diverse projects.
GRC is currently looking for an experienced and motivated Project Manager for a Food Security Project (incl. Cash Transfer Programming) as well as for interventions in the fields of School Safety and Disaster Management in Sindh Province. The project is funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The Project Manager works in close coordination with other GRC projects in Sindh, following an integrated approach and will support Pakistan Red Crescent (PRC) in the sectors Capacity Building, Relief and Disaster Risk Reduction in schools.
Duration: 18 months (starting date as soon as possible)
Location: Islamabad and Sindh, Pakistan
- Work closely with the GRC Head of Office to provide managerial support and technical assistance to PRC’s planning, implementation, quality assurance, monitoring and evaluation of the integrated Food Security and Resilience projects in Sindh Province
- Ensure full compliance with GRC and donor (BMZ) requirements regarding implementation and reporting (narrative and financial). Financial oversight and administration of the GRC projects in Sindh
- Ensure all aspects of a transparent cash transfer mechanism
- Maintain and develop the M&E system further
- Ensure accurate narrative and financial reporting as well as risk management
- Support the identification, development and writing of proposals to donors (ECHO, AA, BMZ)
- Ensure involvement and coordination amongst all key stakeholders
- Supervise recruitment, training and management of local staff and volunteers and coach on the job where necessary
We they are looking for:
- International field working experience of at least 2 years, incl. financial management
- technical understanding of most and solid experience in at least one of the following sectors: Food Security / Livelihood, Climate Change Adaptation, Disaster Risk Reduction
- Profound understanding and experience in Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation as well as Reporting (PMER)
- Advanced skills to train and guide local staff and community volunteers (e.g. project planning, M&E, agricultural practices)
- strong communication and negotiation skills; taking into account cultural and language differences
- self-management skills within a distance management set-up and the ability to balance multiple urgent or important tasks without undue stress
- Ability to work, live and travel in a challenging environment, following strict security guidelines at all times
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English; German would be a strong asset
- Readiness to go on assignment without partner
- Ability and agreement to adhere to the Red Cross Red Crescent Fundamental Principles
- Ability to complete a thorough medical screening process 'working abroad under specific climate and health conditions'
GRC offers you a compensation package according to the collective employment agreement of the GRC as well as an expatriation allowance during your mission. Depending on the post specific situation we either provide you with an accommodation or a personal allowance to cover your accommodation. In addition to a full insurance package (health insurance for residence abroad, private accident insurance, private liability insurance, luggage insurance) GRC is as well covering a home flight withing a 12-month period of assignment and medical check-ups before and after your mission. Before your assignment you will benefit from a comprehensive training package and receive briefings prior as well as during and after your mission.
Kindly apply by submitting your application by using the GRC online application system DRK HR net (https://drkhrnet.drk.de) until September 2nd 2016.