Reports to: Head, Capacity Development Unit (CDU)
Location: Amman, Jordan
Main purpose of the position
Responsible for coordinating and reporting on donor restricted capacity development programs and for providing technical support to ICARDA’s training activities
The International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA) is an international autonomous, non-profit, research organization temporarily based in Beirut, Lebanon supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). ICARDA is committed to the improvement of livelihoods of the resource-poor in dry areas by enhancing food security and alleviating poverty through agricultural research, and the equitable use of natural resources. For more details: www.icarda.org
- Responsible for the day to day administration of training related to specific donors (JICA, AFESD) and for the compiling of material and information needed for periodical technical and financial reports in coordination with Head of CDU.
- Responsible for the implementation of ICARDA’s distance and e-learning goals, under the supervision of the CDU Head.
- Responsible for the implementation of ICARDA CDU Alumni program, under the supervision of the CDU Head.
- Work with the trainers to write up and update the training material and use this material to develop digital and on-line modules on each topic that can be delivered on-line through ICARDA’s portal. Also, responsible for maintaining and updating CDU e-material library.
- Develop the content and the look of brochures for the different training courses, scholarships, degree and non-degree opportunities offered by ICARDA and participate in the design of templates, questionnaires, invitation letters and certificates issued by the CDU.
- Responsible for providing information for updating ICARDA’s training link on ICARDA’s website, for placing activities on ICARDA news and for producing CDU e-publications, in coordination with CODIS.
- Developing and Analyzing the findings of Needs and Impact Assessment Surveys sent to NARS and Partners using appropriate software, and supports the head of CDU preparing annual reports on how these needs have been met by the yearly CD training programs.
- Works with training coordinators at the research and outreach programs with regard to the implementation of the planned capacity development activities under various restricted and non-restricted projects.
Education, qualifications and experience
- Master’s Degree with 5 - 10 years’ experience in capacity development and/or project management, preferably donor’s project management.
- Experience in project technical and financial reporting.
- Experience in computerized programs, documentation and reports.
- Experience in e-learning and distance learning, preferred.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English including writing reports and articles and presenting in clear language with an effective logical structure.
- Good communicator with ability to establish effective relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in teams.
- Experience in working with minimum supervision.
- Ability to be effective under pressure and extra hours when needed
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point, Photoshop, Outlook) and other computer applications; databases, filing systems and general office equipment.
- Experience in working in an international, multi-cultural environment will be an advantage.
Terms of appointment, salary and benefits
Depending on the availability of funds, the initial contract will be for one year and will be probationary period. Subsequent employment is determined based on the performance and continued need for the position.
How to apply
Please apply online at www.icarda.org/iea/. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from women.
Applications will be acknowledged, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.