The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) sponsors this award for outstanding achievements in biosphere reserve management. The award is US$6 thousand and international travel and allowances in Paris to present the winning case study to the MAB-ICC session.Case studies must be submitted each year during which a MAB-ICC session is due to be convened. All case studies must be submitted through, and have the endorsement of, the respective MAB National Committees, and/or the UNESCO National Commissions of the country concerned.More on Michel Batisse Award
- Title of the scheme: Michel Batisse Award for Biosphere Reserve Management
- Award amount: US$ 6,000 plus international travel and allowances in Paris, France, to present the award winning case study to the MAB-ICC session.
- Periodicity of awards: Every year at the time of the MAB-ICC
- Responsibility for technical review of proposals received and recommending the award winner for consideration and approval by the MAB Bureau: International Advisory Committee for Biosphere Reserves
- Language for submission of case studies: English and French
- Process for submitting applications: Each country can submit one case study on biosphere reserve management, not exceeding a maximum of 30 pages (20 pages recommended) and appropriately illustrated with scientific data, figures and tables, photographs and other supporting documentation.