About the program
At Young Sustainable Impact (YSI), you will meet with other young professionals around the world to solve the Sustainable Development Goals set out by the United Nations.
YSI is calling out all earthpreneurs.
An Earthpreneur is a person that wants to create a livelihood of helping the earth trough solutions, technology or organizations. You will work on one or more sustainable development goals through creating a startup.
If you get chosen after the three application rounds you will commit to an innovation program from April until August. In a group of 5, you will choose which development goals you will like to help solve by creating a startup.
Hours weekly: From April - August: 3-15 hours. Some weeks will contain workshops and a bit more to do than others.
Please note: The program is online from April - August before you meet up in Oslo, Norway from August 14th to August 25th.
- April: Teambuilding, learn about creative collaboration and find the development goal you want to work on.
- May: Here we start with the first process of the innovation program. You will identify different problems within each development goal. At the end of the month you will, as a team, find the problems you would like to solve.
- June: Based on the problems you identified in may you will use your and YSI`s network and the internet to gather insights into the top problems.
- July: Here you will learn more about entrepreneurship, collaboration and slowly begin discussing ideas.
- August: It`s the big month! We fly you in to Oslo and you will meet the team and all participants. During this month you will meet entrepreneurs, big businesses, investors and curious people. You will create a concept, work on the concept and pitch it front of important people. You will learn about leadership, self-development and become a strong, self-dependent team.
- Free stay, food, and plane tickets to Oslo, Norway.
- An innovation program in world class.
- Mentorship, expertise and guidance.
- Gain a network of brilliant people from all over the world.
- A major opportunity to create a startup that will succeed.
- Meet top investors, corporations, entrepreneurs and business people.
- Learn leadership, self-development, team-building, innovation, creativity, about the sustainable development goals, entrepreneurship, yourself and much more.
- You commit to our program from April – August (5-15 hours a week).
- You are ready for being in Oslo from August 14th to 25th (free stay).
- You commit to following up the project after the workshop and conference.
Application process is designed for the people that want to work on our sustainable development goals the most. The ones that have abilities and skills necessary to start a project. You will be asked questions and tested to see if you are the right fit through 3 rounds.
Countries: All countries can apply
Criteria: That you can work 3-15 hours a week from April-August and implement the project after.
Round 1: February 1st- March 5th
- You will know if you are through to the next round March 6th.
Round 2: March 6th – March 12th
- You only have 6 days to answer the second round.
- You will know if you are through to the next round March 16th.
Round 3: March 16th – March 23rd
- You will know if you are in the program March 26th.
The program starts from April 3rd. You can register here.
Picture credit: Young Sustainable Impact.